DR.G.SENGOTTUVELU MD DM DNB FRCP (London)
FRCP(Glasgow) FSCAI (USA) FMMC FCSI, FACP
Senior Consultant & Interventional Cardiologist,
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai.
Mobile : 98414 30999, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. G. Sengottuvelu graduated MBBS from Madras Medical College, followed by Internal Medicine, and Cardiology, then did his fellowship in interventional cardiology in a prestigious institute in France with Dr Marie Claude Morice
Dr. G. Sengottuvelu is recognized for his pioneering work in complex coronary interventions and has performed over 15,000 procedures in the cathlab.
Dr. G. Sengottuvelu has very high academic track record with publications in highly reputed peer reviewed journals with high impact factor which places him with unique distinction among his peers. His work has been accepted and published in world renowned journals including Journal of American College of Cardiology, Journal of American College of Cardiology-interventions, European Heart Journal, Eurointervention, Catheterisation and cardiovascular Interventions, Heart,Lung and Circulation etc…He is actively involved in research and has over 100 publications in reputed journals, contributed in authoring several text books and over 300 abstracts and case studies. His scientific reputation is rated high among his peers in the Asia pacific region.
He is a highly accomplished interventional cardiologist and a key opinion leader in India on complex stenting and valve interventions. He initiated the TAVR program in Apollo Group of Hospitals & performed the first TAVR in Nov 2015. Since then, he is one of the highly experienced TAVR operators in India with many types of valves.
He is actively involved with PCR on its educational activities and is a member of VITAL (visionary transformative adult learning)groupnand well known among cardiologists in the Asia pacific region.
- Course Director, India Valves
- Founder Director, Imaging and Physiology council of India
- Deputy Editor, Asia Intervention Journal, (Europa, France)
- Editorial Board member of Indian Heart Journal
- Advisory board member Cardiovascular European Research Centre CERC- Asia (Singapore)
- Treasurer- Asia Pacific Society for Interventional Cardiology, 2017-19
- Board Member - Asia Pacific Society for Interventional Cardiology
- Board Member & Course Co Director, Asia PCR, Singapore
- Board Member - PCR Tokyo valves, Japan
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Best Abstract Award and Award for Excellence in CCT – Japan (2013)
- Received CRT Young Achiever Award - 2013-Washington DC-USA
- Award for Excellence in Clinical Innovation – Apollo Hospitals 2013, 2016, 2017
- Best Doctor Award, Dr MGR Medical university 2012
- Best Case Award in AICT 2012 - New Delhi
- First Prize- AICT 2008, Thailand & received the "Young Interventionalist Award"
- “Inspiring cardiologists of India award”, from Economic times Doctors Day, 2018.
- “Distinguished Researcher Award” with a cash prize of one lakh rupees from AHEL on 5th February 2019
- “Award for Clinical Excellence” Paper publication category August 2019 – Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Limited.
- “Best Doctor Award 2019” , August 2019 - Government of Tamil Nadu
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Interventional Cardiology, Transradial angiography & PCI
- Complex coronary angioplasties
- Specialized in transradial minimally invasive intervention
- Primary angioplasty in acute heart attack situations
- Bifurcation angioplasty & Stenting including Dedicated Bifurcation stents
- Post bypass graft Angioplasty
- Left main Stenting
- PTCA involving Chronic Total Occlusions
- Renal artery stenting
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) imaging
- Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold (BVS)
- Intra Vascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR)
- TAVR-Transarterial Aortic Valve Implantation
- One of the earliest to introduce newer cardiac technologies into this region such as radial procedures (2003), IVUS, FFR and OCT blood vessel imaging (2012), absorbable stents (2012) and more recently transcatheter aortic valve replacement (2015).
- Trained many young cardiologists in cardiac interventions
- Invited Faculty & speaker in several National & International Conferences
- Actively involved in research with over 100 publications in highly reputed journals in the US and Europe
- Contributed chapters in text books
- Principal Investigator for many clinical trials including the Meres 100 First in Man trial.
- Presented several papers in several national and international societies including the CSI, American Heart Association (AHA) and American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- Actively involved in preventive cardiology with Dr GS Heart Foundation.
- He conducts periodic, hands on workshop, live case demonstration, interesting case presentations, lectures, CME for the medical community.
FELLOWSHIPS / MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology, Paris, France under renowned Dr Marie Claude Morice
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (London &Glasgow)
- Fellow of Society for Coronary Angiography & Intervention
- Fellow of Madras Medical College
- Fellow of Cardiological Society of India
- Fellow of American College of Physicians